The objective of the sigAGROasesor platform is to incorporate environmental, economic and social criteria to guide agricultural practices towards more sustainable models of production. To achieve this objective, work has been done on the integration of environmental sustainability indicators as a reference for the user and managers and technical advisers, in the analysis of farms and agricultural plots.
1- Carbon footprint: informs on all greenhouse gases emitted directly or indirectly by products generated in plots on a farm, at the level of plot, product or farm. The calculation of a carbon footprint is based on ISO standard ISO 14067 (carbon footprint of product) and PAS 2050.
2- Water footprint: total volume of fresh water used for the production of a product on a farm. It consists of three elements:
- Green Water Footprint: volume of water evaporated from hydric resources, i.e., water in the form of humidity in the soil and evaporation.
- Blue Water Footprint: volume of fresh water consumed from the hydric resources of the planet (surface and underground water).
- Grey Water Footprint: volume of polluted water associated with the production of a farm. It can be estimated as the volume of water required to dilute pollutants to the point where the water quality is maintained at (or above) agreed water quality standards (in the specific case of agriculture the level of nitrates in water can be used: 50 mg NO3-/L).
3- Water Stress Index (WSI): Informs on the water footprint of a farm depending on the availability of water in the water basin where the farm is located
4- Indicators of use of phytosanitary products:
-Number of phytosanitary products: number of applications of phytosanitary products.
-Ecotoxicity of the phytosanitary treatments made: Ecotoxicity and Human Toxicity of the active matter of phytosanitary products expressed in the equivalent unit 1.4 DCB
5- Nutrient balance (NPK), incorporated into the calculation engines of the FERTILISER DST.
CATALOGUE OF INDICATORS:
- Indicador 1: Carbon footprint. Download PDF file (0,91 MB)
- Indicador 2: Water footprint. Download PDF file (1 MB)
- Indicador 3: Nutrient Balance.
-Indicador 4: Energy Balance.
-Indicador 5: Fhytosanitary products. Download PDF file (1,41 MB)